06 March 2011

Stuffed Peppers a la Ptolemy

I am greatly inspired by my 10-year-old son, who is very interested in food, but not in a greedy way. More gourmet than gourmand. He asked me to stuff some peppers with spiced meat, and top them with mozzarella and 'a slice of tomato' so I came up with this recipe. Our helpful guest had crumbed some dry French bread and it was still in the Magimix, so I added a pack of low fat beef mince, a tsp of cinnamon, a large handful of flat leaf parsley including all the stalks, salt and pepper, a strong chopped onion, about five garlic cloves, and a couple of eggs to bind, and processed it.
Then I cut three peppers in half and removed the seeds. I filled the cavities with the meat mixture (there was too much for three peppers - the rest will be rolled into balls and poached in stock or tomato sauce. I poured a tin of chopped tomatoes around the peppers, and some left over wine.
I baked them for 30 minutes at 180C. Then I took them out and added a slice of tomato and some slices of mozzarella to cover and put them back for another 15 minutes. I served them with rice and salad and everyone looked pleased.
They were eaten before I could photograph them....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do feel free to comment or get in touch.